DESIGNING SMARTER TO ENHANCE ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
At Metro we are committed to building quality homes that are eco-friendly.
Our homes are built following a nationally accredited energy rated program and are all completed with a green star energy rating or VARB report. Our aim is to reduce the energy consumption in your home and to increase the sustainability of our resources.
By looking at each of the items listed below, our objective is to improve the general thermal performance of the home and significantly reduce energy costs.
- Passive energy design such as home orientation shading
- Dry-line gyprock internal wall finish to improve thermal & acoustic performance as standard
- Water efficient appliances (such as toilets and showers)
- Upgrade insulation option
- Alternate construction methodology using brick veneer at client request
- Comfort plus and double glazing options
- Energy efficient cooling/heating
- Lighting (new low energy LED options)
- Ceiling fans
- Rain water tank options
- Solar electrical options
- Solar hot water and energy efficient appliance options
Once your home is completed, Metro Homes WA will provide you with a full energy report at handover outlining all the benefits to you and the accredited Green Star rating or VARB report.